Job Types available: Full-time, Part-time and Permanent Care/Support Workers.
The service will be delivered in people’s own homes and within their local communities and will respond flexibly to the assessed needs of the referred individual through the provision of tailored packages of care promoting individual’s well-being, rights and independence.
You will be supported by an experienced member of staff 365 days per year and shadow experienced staff before commencing on your own.
All Gofalus Support Workers will have and be given the qualifications, experience and capability equal with the levels of care they are expected to provide and in accordance with Care Inspectorate Wales legislation for Domiciliary Care.
This includes supporting individuals if required with:
- All aspects of personal care
- Mobility and transfers – all staff are trained in accordance with the All-Wales Manual Handling Passport.
Completion of detailed observations and reports in relation to individuals which can be shared with health professionals to ensure adequate care arrangements are in place from statutory/voluntary services to meet the individuals needs if continued care and ongoing support is required.
- Maintaining records and statistics required to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the service
- Communicate effectively with Health Care Professionals, families and Carers
- Continuous professional development, attending training courses and other as required.
- Carrying out all reasonable tasks commensurate with the post as directed by line manager
- Implementing the Gofalus Equal Opportunities Policy and all other Gofalus policies and procedures
- Working to a shift pattern – including mornings, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- To be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults.
Pay: from £10.00 an hour, depending on level of experience and qualification.
Please contact us for an application form on 01239 832852 or by using the contact form on our website.